Based in Oxford, UK
5 December, 2013
Sushi Snake is a minimalist puzzle game where your only objective is to eat all the food.
- Sushi snakes were first discovered in Southeast Asia around the 8th century.
- Sushi snakes are rolled in special bamboo mats to help maintain an even, cylindrical shape.
- Sushi snakes, along with chameleons, are one of the few species with the ability to change the colour of their skin in a process known as "metachrosis".
Originally posted as a Flash game with the name "Eat Your Dinner" on the TIGSource forums, Sushi Snake was well-received and gained unexpected press attention. It was this attention that eventually convinced Benjamin he'd need longer than just the lunchtimes and odd evenings he could spare to do the game justice.
- Four different packs encompassing forty-eight levels.
- Minimalist aesthetic pixel art with a limited palette.
- Fresh hip hop soundtrack from Jazz Mickle.
- Be a cannibal.
There are currently no trailers available for Sushi Snake. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
There are currently no screenshots available for Sushi Snake. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Sushi Snake. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Featured in the Indie Game Showcase on the App Store." February, 2015
- "A great way to waste an afternoon"
- Andrew Webster, The Verge
- "A clever, minimalist puzzle game"
- Nadia Oxford, Pocket Gamer
- "A very original path finding game, featuring complex mechanics, small but challenging puzzles, and retro graphics that make my eyes hurt"
- Nicola Salmoria, Nontrivial Games
- "A super-minimalist game with retro pixelated graphics and some fun original music"
- Jared Murray, App Saga
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Available for free from jmickle.bandcamp.com.
About Benjamin Davis
Benjamin Davis is currently scraping a living as an independent game developer.
More information on Benjamin Davis, our logo & relevant media are available here.